Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are well, and had a nice Valentine's Day! A couple of weeks back, Steve and I were discussing Valentine's Day and what we wanted to do. We had Mallory for the weekend, so we decided to ask her what she wanted to do that was special, her answer was simple. Here is how the conversation went:

Me: Mal, you are with us for Valentine's Day this year, if you could pick something special to do, what would it be?

Mal: Ummmm........I know, how about we go Sledding!

Me: Umm......Ya......No, I was thinking something "Special"?

Mal: Oh...........How about we just have a bunch of people over?

Me: Now we're talking, that sounds great!


And that my friends is how it all began! Nobody likes to plan a party like I do! Now that I had something to plan, I was moving full steam ahead. I decided to have a Fondue Party, for kids and Adults. The adults would enjoy a Lobster Fondue, while the kids had the obvious.......Chocolate Fondue. We didn't just eat junk though, each kid received a Valentine Bag put together by yours truly. Each bag contained, A package of Construction Paper, Stickers, Crayons, Activity Sheets like Mazes and Word Searches, and some other fun trinkets. Now mind you, while I had their best interest at heart, I also had my own. I knew if I gave them enough to do and keep them busy, the Adults could enjoy Valentine's Day too. And we really did! Everything worked out perfectly, and I think a great time was had by all!!



Love to All!
Kris

No comments: