Friday, January 16, 2009

Touching Base just to say Hi

Hi Everyone,

I don't have a ton to say, or update you on! But wanted to post and say hello, since it has been a couple of weeks. I guess you could say after the last post regarding Mallory falling into the fish pond, we haven't had much come up that compares to that event. All in all, everything is well here in Exeter, all work, no play these days.

Last night I did have dinner and drinks with one of my dearest, oldest friends Kerri Nightengale, it was so great to see her and catch up. She is one of those friends that regardless of how little I see her, we seem to have a knack for picking things up where we left off, no uncomfortable silences, just lots to talk about. We have an amazing history, we met in the 2nd grade, and have just had this amazing connection. When we met in 2nd grade, we were fast friends, then we moved a town away, and my Brother and I spent a couple of years at another school, our paths crossed again in the 5th grade, we went through Jr. High together, and lived in the same neighborhood, we have great memories of that. We went to different High Schools, but remained close. I decided that I would move to the Seacoast to be with my Dad my Junior Year in High School, and Kerri and I lost touch again. After years apart, I came across her Sisters name somewhere, and decided to send a Christmas Card to her address, but attention to Kerri with a note to contact me. She did, and we met again after 8 or so years. Since then, our visits have been few and far between, but as I mentioned, it seems that we are able to pick up where we left off and have a great time together. These are the types of friends that I will cherish forever, regardless of how little or how often I see them. As I write this, I think about how lucky I am to have the friends that I have, not just friends like Kerri, who are special because of our history and our bond, but I am lucky to have the friends that I see daily, weekly and monthly. Friends are good!

We have a busy weekend ahead, Steve's cousin Jim is coming back and spending Sunday night, since the kids don't have school Monday, He and Steve, along with all of the kids, will be taking a trip to Kennebunk to see Grampy Sleeper. Steve's Grandfather will be 94 next month, and lives in Kennebunk Maine. They will go up, visit and take him out for some world famous Lobster Stew, tour the town and come home. We always have great visits with Gramps, I myself and a fan of the tours we receive when we go up there. Kennebunk is a great town, and it is always fun to see the Bush compound during our tour, that is my favorite part! I, of course, will be working that day......boo-hoo for me!

Jeez, I guess I did have something to write about. See how this whole "Blogging" thing works, it make my brain tired releasing all of these thoughts that I didn't know I had :)

Love to All!
Kristine

No comments: